VersaCheck Printer - OLE Registry Error when printing from Quickbooks to VersaCheck. Error accessing the OLE registry.
You receive an error "Exception 'EOleSysError' in module VCheck.exe at 007C201. Error accessing the OLE registry" when printing from QuickBooks, Quicken, Money or Peachtree using the VersaCheck printer.
The is a Windows permissions error, the VersaCheck printer does not have permission to access the registry to determine what files it needs to access.
First, you would need to uninstall and reinstall the VersaCheck printer. This will resolve the issue in most cases. Click on the link below for a video on how to uninstall and reinstall the VersaCheck printer. NOTE: If this does not resolve the issue, move to Method # 2.
Method # 2:
This method involves manually setting the permissions for the VersaCheck printer in the program folder. Follow the directions below:
1. Click on the Windows Start button and select - Computer - C: Drive/Local disk - Program Files (x86) - G7PS - Your X1 Version.
2. Scroll down the list of files until you find the file "PdiRun". Right click on this file and select Properties.
3. On the properties window, click on the compatibility tab. Click in the box next to "Run this program as administrator" which will place a check mark in the box. Click on the Apply button - click on the Change Settings for All Users button.
4. On Compatibility for all users screen, click in the box next to "Run this program as administrator" which will place a check mark in the box. Click on the Apply button - click on the OK button. On the PdiRun Properties screen click on the OK button.
5. Close all open windows and return to the desktop. Launch your accounting software and reprint your check using the VersaCheck printer.