The Write Checks screen allows you to write checks drawn off of any bank or money
market account that you setup with an electronic checkbook
in VersaCheck. Using the pull down menu under the Write Checks header will allow
you to choose from which account to draw the checks.
The Account button allows
you access to the following account functions:
- New Account: opens the New Account dialog box
- Edit Account: opens the Edit Account dialog box
- Edit Checkbook: opens the Checkbook Setup for accounts
which use a checkbook
- Reconcile: opens the Reconcile wizard which allows
you to reconcile an account from bank statements or other records
The New Check icon will clear the current check on screen once you have finished
a check, and allow you to write additional checks.
Checks to be printed will be added to the list of checks under the To Print
tab found underneath the check form. You may use the Sort filter to list
checks according to date, number, payee, etc.
- Choose if the check should be printed or sent in the Number pull down menu.
- Correct the Date of the check if using a date other than the current day's
- Enter the total of the check in the Amount field.
- Use the pull down menu or type in a new name for the payee.
- Use the Memo field for whatever memo you wish to have printed on the check.
- The Reference field may be used to add personal reference information if
- The pull down menu for Category can be used to assign a category for the
check payment, for example "Job Expense" or "Health care."
- By using the Split button, you may itemize a check payment.